Friday, August 23, 2013

Rebecca (1940)


Last night at around 11 pm right when I was going to log off my laptop, I stumbled upon the movie -Rebecca on youtube &decided to watch (I dont know why I always end up surfing youtube till late in the night, only to complaint the next day how little I have slept). Ok so coming back to this film, It was made in 1940,  more than half a century from now (at the moment I am in a reading & watching classics mood) . I was searching for the book by the same name which inspired this movie but could not find it & I am very glad that I didnt.




 I always find it difficult to relate withe Old time movies & stories, but I was happy to find that this movie was different or may be my perspective is changing, I was in awe with all the characters & the story telling part & it kept me hooked till the end of the movie.I was mesmerized by the beauty of Joan Fontaine who played the role of second Mrs. De Winters, she remained nameless in the movie & at some points I wanted someone to call her by her first name, I wanted to know the character by her name but she remained Second Mrs. De Winters (weird but yes I am like that).

Mr. & Mrs. De Winters (Laurence Olivier & Joan Fontaine)


 Breakfast at Tiffany's made me fall in love with Audrey Hepburn & watching Rebecca made me realize that beauty  of Joan Fontaine is simply impeccable.


If ever I would have an opportunity to take part in a play my first choice will be definitely "Rebecca"

 Love
Nimisha


Image courtesy: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment